Tuesday, September 27, 2011

To You It Is JUST School Picture Day But To US It is

A HUGE celebration because December 4, 2006 we were told that she MAY not even get to attend her 1st day of Kindergarten. That was one of the worst appointments of my life. I had known she had CF when I was 4 months pregnant but when we went in to get the newborn screening results they told us it was a confirmed positive! The doctor proceeded to tell us that he cannot guarantee that she will make it past 3 years old, once we made it past 3 years old he said our next goal would be Kindegarten, well here we are at Junior Kindegarten. We once again have past another age that they said we may not get to see! So, as I was getting her ready for her big picture day at school, I was very emotional and overwhelmed to know that we were not guaranteed to have this day! Today, September 27, 2011 was her very first school picture day and it by far will NOT be her last! I ordered 30 2'x3.5' square sticker pictures of her to mail out to 30 people who love and have been super supportive of her in this rocky rollercoaster we have been calling life since November 21,2006 to celebrated passing a milestone that we were not guaranteed to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment