You know as I sit and surf my Facebook newsfeed, I often see people belly aching, complaining, whining, whatever you want too call it. It bothers me because why complain? Their lives could be a hell of alot worse than what it is. Suck it up and move on! Has anyone ever seen on my Facebook posts ever say FML, Oh my life sucks, I hate my life? No, I didn't think so!
"Oh my kids are not listening! All they want do is fight with each other!" -- Well, take a damn step back & count your blessings! Your children are able to have brothers/sisters to bicker with. Is it such a hell that your kids aren't listening to you today? I would do anything to have my biggest worry day in and day out to be "Is Bennett going to behave today or is she going to just act like an animal?" That by far isn't my biggest worry! I wake up each day worrying if my daughter is going to be able to breathe "normally" ALL day long! I wake up worrying if the pharmacy will be able to fill her prescriptions on time without a hassle.
"FML" -- Seriously, how can your life be so damn rotten that you have the need to post "FML" after every post? If you hate something about your life that bad, why not take the steps to change it??
"OMG My kids are getting on my nerves" -- How can a child get on someones nerves? You know what? They are just being kids! I am sure you got on your parents nerves as a child! Once again feel blessed that your child is able to "get on your nerves".
" I sooo need a break! I cannot wait to go out and party it up!" -- Wow! This one irritates me so much that I just want to shake people up! When you became a parent, it isnt like applying for a 9-5 job! You don't get two 15 minute breaks and a lunch hour. Being a parent is a 24/7 job. I go out once in awhile for maybe an hour or so for adult interaction but it isn't a constant thing. There isnt a problem with going out with your friends and having fun. But, don't put partying and such before your children.
I am a Mother of a child who spends countless hours in the doctors offices, weeks at a time in the hospital, hours a day taking therapies and many many prescriptions a day just to be able to breathe. I would give anything for a cure for my baby.
I cannot begin to imagine how a parent can walk out of their childs hospital room and never return until they are discharged. There are several children here on Bennetts floor without family or parents here with them. It makes me want to cry! As I walk by their rooms to go get something for Bennett, I peek in and there they sit all alone in this big scary place. When your child is in the hospital they need you then more than ever!
Yes, Bennett looks healthy & "normal" on the outside but cut her open and take a look at her internal organs. People want to say negative things to me for allowing my child to do things. You need to brush up on your CF education before you ever criticize me for allowing my child to do something that YOU feel she should not do! You are not her parent, I am! She has me! I am her Mother! If you do not like the way I am parenting my child, keep your damn opinions to yourself. Once you walk a foot in our shoes, then you have the right to judge & criticize.
"I don't know how you do it" -- I do it because I have to do it. This was something that I had no choice but to do and it is a blessing. It makes me cherish life so much more. Every second spent in the hospital room with her is the greatest thing. We have a bond like no other. We are bestfriends! She is my life! And she knows it.
I may not have alot of money. But, money only gets you so far. My daughter receives all the love in the world and that is all we need to survive.
When I see kids in a store throwing fits and being ungrateful for the things people buy them. Being selfish saying they want, want, want. Bennett is very grateful for everything she has. She says "please & thank you" when it is necessary.
We do not celebrate her birthday as just a birthday party. We celebrate it as another year we kicked CF's Butt and as another year we were blessed to be able to spend it with her! We do celebrate huge & throw her big birthday parties because we do not know when the last party will be. I have had such negative feedback on how huge & big her parties, Christmas, Easter and such are. But, this may be her last.
For the people who are unaware Mark & Lisa LeMay PROUDLY & I mean PROUDLY took on the role of Bennetts godparents! They love this baby dearly! She is their everything! As well as Chad, Haley & Andrea.
Bennett is a cheerleader, gymnast and soccer player because she wants to do it. I refuse to hold her back because she has Special Needs. I will never limit her as to what she wants to do as long as it is okay for her health!
*** This blog isn't directed to anyone in particular, it is just a few things that have been on my mind and I needed to get it off of my chest ***

Way to go, momma!! You keep up the great work!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are A WONDERFUL & Selfless Mother. That's The Greatest Gift Your Daughter Could EVER Receive. Keep Up The Extraordinary Work. I Hope Bennett Gets Better, && I Will Keep You BOTH In My Prayers.
ReplyDelete