Sunday, May 13, 2012

Surgery Update -- May 11, 2012

I sort of got answers this morning! After calling CHOP for 4 days! I called Dr. Rizzi's Secretary Ryan and FINALLY was able to talk to her. Dr. Rizzi (ENT) said he spoke with Dr. Rubenstein (CF) and Dr. Rubenstein wants to see Bennett so she can do PFT's and see if there was a change in the number and they were to call me with an appointment (which they NEVER called). Before Ryan and I hung up, I had her transfer me to Dr. Rubensteins office because I knew they would answer right away because of another doctor forwarding my call. Dr. Rubensteins Secretary told me that I need to call back at the end of next week because he schedule isn't opened up for the following week. Well she already has an appointment scheduled with Dr. Rubenstein on June 19th because it is her 3 month check-up. So, if they cannot get her in before then we have to wait until June 19th. By then it will be two months since I signed the consent form for her surgeries to be done. Depending on what her PFT's are, depends the course of IV antibiotics she will be on and how many days she will be on them leading up to the surgeries. She is now coughing and fussing that her ears are hurting again. She has already had a perforated ear drum  in April. So it is another two months of suffering with coughing, fevers, ear pain and just plain old feeling crappy.

Recap from previous appointments -- 

Her PFT's dropped 20% from December to March. They went from 108 to 88 but he wasn't concerned with the numbers in March because she was only able to expel air for 1.33 seconds. But, now he is going to be concerned with the numbers if they are lower than 88. I am hoping they are back up to where they have been for a year now (108 or around that number). Depending on what her PFT's are, depends the course of IV antibiotics she will be on and how many days she will be on them leading up to the surgeries. She is now coughing and fussing that her ears are hurting

No comments:

Post a Comment