On this day 18 years ago I became an aunt for the very first time! I was mearly 10 years old when he was born. I remember the day. The night that my sister went into labor there was a blizzard. We barely made it to the hospital before he was born. I was very excited and proud to be an "aunt". Little to my knowledge that I would end up having a 75% hand in helping raise this little bundle of joy. Growing up he was extremely close to my father. He was his little sidekick. If my father was in the garage he was by his side tickering on something. He loved going out on the road with my father who was an over the road truck driver. Richard is not your typical 18 year old. He helps hold our family together. Him and his Ninny (grandmother) are very close. He became the "Man Of Our House" when he the time came. He is our repairman when something breaks, our plumber, our mechanic, he is our security guard if something bad is happening. He has his head on his shoulders and is striving for his goal of becoming a state police trooper. Everywhere we go no one has a negative word to say about him. I get complimented all the time on how well mannered he is. I am so very proud of him.
On November 21,2006 Richard became an UNCLE for the first time. Techinically if you want to follow the silly family tree he is Bennetts cousin, but in reality he is her UNCLE. He spent every single minute of the 25 1/2 hours of my labor by my side. Never once left. He was estatic to become and UNCLE. Not many people know this but he cut Bennetts umbilical cord. Bennett is the apple of his eye. She is his number one girl.
He has had countless sleepless nights staying awake with me when she was having really bad nights, has gone to numerous doctors appointments, spent countless hours in the emergency room with her. He worries about her constantly when she is in the hospital. He is truly the worlds greatest UNCLE to her and Bradley.
He lives and breathes for these two children. He is always talking about his niece and nephew. Bennett and Bradley are very lucky to have such an amazing UNCLE in their lives that loves them unconditionally even when they are bad and make him do silly things!! January 25, 2010 he became an UNCLE for the second time to Bradley. He now has a NIECE and NEPHEW.
Basically why I am doing writing and dedicating this blog to Richard is because I want to tell the world how extremely proud of him I am. He is an amazing kid. He isn't into drugs or alcohol. He is turning 18 years old and is a member of 3 fire companies, 1 EMS Station, works hard at his job (nearly full time hours) all while going to school and striving to be a state police trooper. He never once complains when it comes to being our "Nanny" (we jokingly call him that). He is always there for me when I need him to babysit, ride to an appointment with me or when I ask him to sit up and keep me company when Bennett is having a bad night. I do not regret one bit stepping up and helping raise him. I am proud to say I am one of the reasons he is the sweet, well-mannered young man that he is! And I wouldn't have it any other way!
Happy 18th Birthday Richard. I love you so very much! And I am extremely proud of you! You are becoming an amazing young man! Keep up the awesome work!!
My Uncle Bubbie
My uncle is a special man, Always helping all he can.
He takes time to listen to me, Whatever my gripes might be.
Other times we just hang out, And I learn what life is all about.
My uncle’s very special, I love him a whole lot too…
My uncle’s wonderful because my uncle’s you!
With All Of Our Love,
Bennett & Bradley












No comments:
Post a Comment