Bennett had a doctors appointment this morning, so when we got home from running errands and having her stitches removed, I check the mail. Well there wasn't any mail but there was an envelope with my name on it. I opened it up, it was a card. A beautiful card and it reads:
(outside)
They say
What doesn't kill you
makes you stronger.
Well, what if
you didn't sign up
for extra-strength training?
What if you'd rather
catch a few breaks
once in awhile?
Is that so much to ask?
At some point, you'd think
you'd be entitled
to a free pass or two:
Skip this challenge.
Avoid this crisis.
Delete those problems.
It's not that you're not strong
or that you don't have what it takes
to get through this.
You are, you do, and you will.
But, you've built enough character
already, and it's time
for things to lighten up a little!
(inside)
I know it's not really my call,
but if I were in charge
of life's wheel of fortune,
you'd get a free spin.
And I'd be right there,
cheering you on!
This is all it took to put a smile on my face and make me want to come out fighting stronger and harder than ever before! Mind you that I have NEVER met this wonderful angel before and she lives 2 blocks over (I believe). All I know about her is what is on her Facebook page and our little chats here and there. But, this is the 2nd time she has left me a pick me up in my mailbox and god it feels good to know that people believe that Bennett and I WILL pull through these challenges! My morning was very sad and I didn't want to crawl out of bed but I did. And now I am ready to butt heads with Cystic Fibrosis and Celiac Disease and show these devils who is in charge. It definitely is not them and they NEVER will take charge of our lives again! Do you hear that CF & CD?!!? You better be scared!
I'm not sure if she wants it known whom she is, but she knows who she is and I cannot begin to thank her enough for all that she has done for Bennett. She truly is a blessing and I am glad to have her on our side! Thank You Angel!

I really enjoyed reading the inspirational message. Most of the time I am pretty strong, but I definately have my weak moments. Thanks for sharing it! :)
ReplyDelete